Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas is COMING! It's snowing!

Here is what I was facing as I started organizing ornaments to pull together a Christmas tree this year. I'm not doing much entertaining at my place this year, so decided to do a test run of an idea for a Festival of Trees tree for next year. These ornaments have been gathered with the idea of doing a colorful tree - not sure what it will be titled yet. Have any ideas?
-
This run through for the ornaments has shown me what to look for on sale after Christmas! Now, I still need to find a Christmas tree skirt for this year. Seeing the colors on the tree, I'm thinking it may need to be a custom job!
Here is the tree with the camera flash off and the room lights dimmed. It's kind of fun to do something different. Some years I have had three trees up in the house, so I'm kind of missing seeing my "special" ornaments gathered through the years - they are going to stay boxed this year. It's been snowing all day, so need to check how much we have gotten since I got home from work - they are talking for us to get 10+ inches! Well. . . no evidence that I ever drove in the driveway tonight. The flakes have been small all day, but tonight they look like prisma glitter when the light hits the ground! It might be a long drive into work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment