Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy Birthday, Marion

Yesterday was my sister Marion's birthday, so, of course, I am getting the card in the mail today! She is a blue lover. Anything you give her in blue she will like better than another color. I wonder if' she's caught on that I always make her birthday card with blue paper? Here I am using our new Moon Doggie packet. The little strip of multiple colors is really part of the surfboard paper! Then the solid blue strip I cut a little extra long, ran it through my corregator and cut to the correct length for the width. Add a little random stamping (stamp set C1257 $18.95) and a little bling (Clear Sparkles Z1104 $2.95). The card layout is from the new Wishes book pg. 27 Lucky Layers. This layout was randomly picked. Yes, I literally just opened the book to a page and picked a card on that page. There are so many ideas in this book. Consider ordering your copy today (9033 $29.95).
We had some bad weather around here last night, luckily not close enough for me to head to the basement, but a tornado did touch down in Austin MN, with extensive property damage being done. Sounds like we may be in for some more stormy weather today. I still have plants that I haven't planted. Seems like I run out of day before that comes up on my list.
I had a discussion with my neighbor Rozie last night - about garbage! Our garbage pickup is on Tuesday. Every other week we have recycling pickup along with garbage. Rozie puts her garbage bins out on Monday night. I do mine on Tuesday morning, and I've gotten into the habit of following Rozie's lead. Well, she was out of sync this week! Pickup isn't until next week for recycling, but we both had our bins out there and the garbage men just left them. Looked like Rozie was going to leave her recycling sit there for the week, so I was going to too. She hauled her's back in last night, so I did too. Rozie's daughter thought she should appologize for leading me astray!
Hope your Thursday is a great one. Today's Deal-A-Day is our 6" x 6" accordion album called Memory Showcase. Check it out (and order it, along with a stamp set, on my web page jeanie.myctmh.com). Keep your eyes open for more goodie boxes to be offered yet this month. Take a chance, you can always see about trading for something else if you get something you know you won't use. Remember my Crop and Swap day July 18 fro 10 til noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment