Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Weekend Recap


It is almost the end of Tuesday and I haven't updated this site with my weekend adventure. I did go to northern MN to see if I could locate my Grandfather's grave. My dad's father died when my dad was young. There was some mystery about his death and some misinformation about where he was buried. About 2 years ago I did search and was given some information for where he was buried. It proved to be true and I did locate his grave on Sunday. I spent some time at his grave, took some photos, left a little marker indicating I had been there (see stone in upper right corner of photo) and started for home. This trip added another nugget to my Wilcox family history. My next trip will probably be to the Children's Home School over at Owatonna MN. My father and my aunt spent part of their childhood at the orphanage in Duluth MN and then the one at Owatonna. Owatonna has recently turned part of the original buildings into a memorial to the children who were at the Home in Owatonna. My dad and aunt were then placed in homes as foster children and were wards of the state until they turned 18 years old. I will start scrapping the Wilcox/Richards history of my family. I am going to scrap in 9" x 9" format and will probably use a variety of papers since I do have pictures from different events and eras. I will need to journal quite a bit too to tell the stories I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment